Halsnead is a school in Whiston with a long history and tradition. Although not a church school, Halsnead was first opened in the old Church Hall on Dragon Lane in 1872. In 1940, the school moved into the present building and in 1968 a totally separate Junior school building was opened.
We expect children to enjoy school life, to work hard, to develop respect for one another and their property, and to keep the few school rules that are designed to ensure that every child can learn effectively in an orderly community.
We pride ourselves on the high standards of work that Halsnead children achieve in all areas of their education and this is reflected in our motto "STRIVE TO ACHIEVE".