Navigation
Home Page

History of Halsnead

Halsnead School

Halsnead is a school in Whiston with a long history and tradition. Although not a church school, Halsnead was first opened in the old Church Hall on Dragon Lane in 1872. In 1940, the school moved into the present building and in 1968 a totally separate Junior school building was opened.

Following a disastrous fire in the Junior building in 1990, it was decided to incorporate the Junior department into an extension of the original Infant building so that all the children would again be together on one site.

 


Top